So….. it’s December!! I got (almost) all my Christmas presents sorted last week. I only need to finish some bits and bobs and I’ll be so ready for the merry season.
This year I wanted to make my own Christmas cards, as I normally send some to my family and friends in Spain. I always need to send them early as last year I didn’t and they arrived on New Year’s Eve – lol. Well… this is very likely to happen this year too as I haven’t send them yet *rolled eyes*.
Let’s go straight to the point, here you have the step by step guide to make your own Christmas cards:
- Blank cards and envelopes
- Christmas stencils
- Silver and gold sprays
- Silver and gold bows or any other type of decoration
- Glue dots (these are my new thing and I’m using them in EVERYTHING!)
- A bit of blue tack
You can get all the materials online, although I got mine from the pound store.
How to make your own Christmas cards
- Prepare your workspace as the spray can get a bit messy. I put an old bed sheet where I was going to work as I did it inside (it was raining and so cold!) but if you could do it outdoors I would recommend it.
- Think about the designs you want to make. I went for Christmas trees and snowflakes, they are so cute <3
- Place the Christmas stencil on the blank card and use the blue tack so the stencil doesn’t move.
- Spray, spray and spray till is done. Don’t spray too much because if the card gets wet is not going to look as nice. Repeat on all the cards.
- Wait and let them dry – go and make a cuppa!
- Once they are dry, put the bows on the corners of the cards using the glue dots. As you can see on the pics I put a silver bow on gold cards and vice versa.
- The cards are ready!!
I hope you enjoy this DIY