Yesterday, I met two of my old work colleagues for lunch. We had a lovely time talking and talking about how much our lives have changed since we changed jobs. Fortunately, we are all good and it is great to see each other after 8 months and feel like nothing has changed between us; that’s the type of friendship I want in my life
Anyway, after a lovely meal we got inspired and went to two bead shops here in Brighton. I bought the stone beads in the pictures and I couldn’t wait to go home and make this rock crystal necklace. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 40cm of leather cord
- 4 jump rings
- 1 clasp
- 1 eyepin
- 4 leather crimp cord end caps
- 2 rock crystal beads
How to make a rock crystal necklace:
1. Put the two rock crystal beads into the eyepin and close it by doing a little ring, just like the other end of it. The pliers are very useful for this step.
2. Attach the jump rings to each of the ends of the eyepin together with two of the leather crimp cord end caps – just like the picture.
3.Cut the leather cord in two, you should have 20cm leather cords. Put the leather crimp cord on each of the ends (x4). This should attach the rock crystal piece to the leather cord.
4. Add the clasp on the other end of the cord by using the two jump rings left.
5. Voilà! The rock crystal necklace is ready for you.
This leather cord necklace is perfect for Spring and the perfect jewellery piece for almost every occasion. I normally wear these types of necklaces to work, but also to go out and to the beach in the Summer. If I have to categorise the style, I would say that this rock crystal necklace could be considered as a boho accessory.