The other day my best friend made this banana and coconut muesli bar recipe (the recipe is in Spanish) and after her success I had to try to make it myself.
The thing is, while I was planning to make the muesli bars I realised I didn’t have all the ingredients I needed, so I decided to create my own version of the recipe.
It is very easy to make and you only need 3 ingredients:
– 1 ripe banana
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 1 cup (literally) of dark chocolate and red berry granola*
You also need some oven proof baking paper and an oven tray.
These ingredients around 5 medium size muesli bars.
* I used the dark chocolate and red berry granola from Lidl.
How to make banana red berry muesli bars:
1. Preheat the oven at 180ºC
2. Mash the banana in a bowl
3. Add the dark chocolate and red berry granola oats together with the honey into the bowl
4. Mix well all the ingredients
5. Place the baking paper into an oven trade and place the mixture. I tried to do a rectangle so it’s easier to cut the bars later.
6. Bake for 20-25min at 180ºC
7. Let it cold and cut into bars
Now you have a healthy snack to take to work or wherever you want