When I opened the fridge this morning I saw that I had 3 very ripe bananas. I couldn’t eat them as they were almost black and, even though I love bananas, I don’t like them very ripe. So, what to do? Banana bread!
It’s been ages since the last time I made banana bread so I was really excited when I started making it.
I did a quick search online for ‘easy banana recipes’ and I decided to follow this one from allrecipes.co.uk, except I added walnuts to the recipe.
- 200g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 50g of chopped walnuts
How to make banana bread step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Mix the sugar and the butter
- Beat the eggs and add them to the bowl
- Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, vanilla extract into the bowl and mix well
- Include the walnuts
- Place the mixture in the tin
- Bake it for 60min at 1800C – you can check with a toothpick if it’s ready by inserting it in the cake, if the banana bread is ready the toothpick will come out clean or only with a few moist crumbs.
Enjoy the banana bread!